7.11.06

Caution: Personality is subject to addiction

I was told by my sister that I have an "addictive personality", of course I thought that was a good thing at first. I thought that my personality was addictive and people just can't get enough of it, they need their Oji fix. However it was then brought to my attention that what an addictive personality really is and my understanding of it are two distinctly different descriptions.

"An addictive person is one who has a compulsion to behave in ways that his or her family members consider detrimental to their interest. An addictive person will frequently conceal the extent of his addiction, will lie to his family about it, is immune to logical arguments to correct the error of his ways, and foregoes income that would require abandoning the addiction."

This was a description by a Dr. Noitall, printed in 'Science magazine' sometime in the early 90s (thank you Google - you really are the best beast out there).

Doesn't sound too good...then again who is this Dr. Noitall, what the hell does he/she know? (Is this my immunity to "logical arguments"? If so, how lame)...Dr. Know-it-all indeed.

1 comment:

Josette ZOoz Khalil said...

i am willing to stand by ur first definition.
truth be told, u do have a personality that is addictive and i, like so many others who are afraid to come out and say it,can't get enough of it, i need my oji fix.

i also would like to add that dr. noitall doesnt know what he's talking about. like so many other doctors that we have come to know in our lifetime, he is full of shit.